Sunday, June 3, 2007

Ethan was also surprised...



The story goes like this... last night Kerry came down and baby-sat for Brian and I. While she was here she decorated the playroom for Krys's graduation. Ethan of course saw all the balloons and glitter and sat on the stairs ready to pout. He was wondering where his party was. He has been to so many birthday parties that it is hard for him to wait for his own party. So afraid that he would burst into some uncontrollable tears, she told him that this was HIS party!!

5:13am Ethan wakes up... My party is downstairs he tells me. I try to tell him that it is too early and everyone is still sleeping. Meanwhile, I am trying to drill into him, that it is Sophie's party, but that he can help her, and have cake. Where are the "Backyards"? (he is having a Backyardigans theme party) Again, I try to tell him that it is Sophie's party... pick your battles right, I tell myself. I just have to go with the flow, I explained again that it is too early and go back to Na-nights... He looks at me, and tells me "it's not dark anymore"... what do you say... sometimes I am speechless.

Knowing that this would be hard for him, Brian and I picked him up a couple of his favorite things for being such a great big brother!!! (Along with Auntie Kerry and Auntie Joy. Aunt Suzie had the right idea and bought a gift they both could use!!) Good thinking!!!

No comments: