Saturday, April 7, 2007

Ethan is already a New Englander














Needless to say Ethan was not happy. One day he is flying a kite, the next crying because he can't go outside. He didn't understand that you can't fly a kite in the snow. I wanted to take pictures all the way to work, but I thought I needed the two hands on the wheel this morning!! So I took these pics after arriving at work, one is of the little tree outside my classroom, and the other is the parking lot view. I was startled awake at 4:02am, when the power went off. I, just waking from a good nights sleep, thought that a car had hit the house. It was just the sound of all the power going out at once. So I sat in bed for a little while, then took a shower at 4:30. I got dressed then went to shovel the cars off. I went back inside lit some candles and then got the family up. Ethan thought the flashlight was fun. I brought the kids to school in their pajamas because getting them dressed in the dark, was not going to be fun! I helped Brian get his car out of the snow bank (he thought that he could just "gun" it and make it over the snow plow line) Well that did not work out too well for him.

We all got to work safely, and I even stopped at Dunkin Donuts for Ethan to get a couple munchkins, because I could not cook him breakfast, no power and all. It was a long, long, long, day!!!

Thank you Uncle Ronnie for plowing the driveway while we were at work!!!

No comments: